The first stage of the MPR website is now accessible on the NEA’s website.
As part of the Mandatory Packaging Reporting process, companies will have to submit their packaging reports, 3R plans and supporting documents through the Waste & Resource Management System (WRMS). The WRMS is expected to be ready by end-2020.
In the meantime, the NEA published this new webpage accessible with these links:
The webpage contains:
- information relating to the MPR,
- the NEA information slide deck,
- links to the legislation, and
- an FAQ with many relevant questions.
The website will be used to communicate updates on the MPR and materials as well as allow access to the reporting portal when ready.
As mentioned in a previous blog post, we offer tools and expertise to help companies in complying with the MPR. Our presentation with the NEA and the SMF last month includes:
- Tools for decision makers,
- A detailed procedure for the implementation of the regulation,
- Definitions on terminology,
- Examples of best practices that businesses can implement.
The presentation slides are free to download from our website: https://zerowastecity.com/publications/